Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Place You Call Home

I've just recently begun looking for an apartment in downtown Chicago. I am starting work at the Big4 in August and would really like to live closer to work. The trade off between living at home and banking 98% of each paycheck and living in a cool area near friends, nightlife, and work is difficult. Living in the suburbs, I've always enjoyed catching the train downtown, hanging out, and catching the Metra back home. Recently, I've become addicted to looking up apartments on Craigslist. I really do find the site amazing. I search for my location, enter my parameters, and instantly check the box for posts with pictures only. I'd love to see statistics on housing posts viewed that have pictures compared to those that do not. I want to get a rough idea of the apartment before I take the time to make an appointment and see the place. Who can picture a place just by reading a description on there? Before I began my search I had heard of Chicago neighborhoods, but I never realized just how many there were. Craigslist posts are often tagged by neighborhood. The map below was a tremendous help in locating apartments. Rock on Chicago.

No comments: