Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Class: Accounting 201

As a recent graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and more specifically the accounting program, I'm always intrigued when I see information about my University. I came across the video clip below on a university sponsored Illinois student blogger site. The professor below was one of the zaniest professors I had during undergrad. While some people thought she was a little over the edge (and I somewhat agree), I believe that she was a good teacher. Her exams were rather difficult, but I think she did fairly well instilling the accounting basics necessary in an introductory undergraduate accounting course. Do you remember your best/craziest high school teacher or college professor?

Each semester before classes would begin in college, I always looked up my potential professors on ratemyprofessors.com. I never dropped any courses because of what I found, but I definitely used the information there to gauge what I was getting myself into. Hearing what it takes from past students to excel in a class is a big help when making decisions on what and how to study. I would recommend checking it out if you've never seen it before. Remembering that each class is not created equal and tailoring an individual study plan for each course worked for me. How did you make it through college? Did you prefer study groups, the library, or binge drinking?

And now for teacher ratings for grades K-12, RateMyTeachers.com.

No comments: